Sunday, March 07, 2004

New Issue of Truckin'

When I'm not playing poker or getting drunk in random bars in NYC, I'm almost always writing. I started my own literary e-zine (which is really a blog-zine) nearly two years ago because I couldn't get any of my work published.

Calling All Writers

I saw that Mean Gene mentioned something in one of his latest blogs about Truckin' regarding one of his short stories. Iggy told me a crazy story about his wild, younger days on the left coast involving a VW bus... something I hope he writes up for my site.

Alas, if you have any good short stories (I'm looking for travel related tales, but will publish almost anything)... feel free to contact me about submission guidelines. You can join the ranks of fellow poker bloggers HDouble and The Poker Penguin who have both submitted their blood work for the past few issues. And even my new intern Paris got on the ball and wrote something for the latest issue. Check it out...

Truckin' February 2004 (Vol. 3, Issue 2)

I wrote my second Miami Story and yet another Subway Story. Sigge penned his third Cuban adventure. Richard Bulkeley returns with his second story, this one about bus travel. And I'm happy to add another new scribe to the mix: Paris Wispy. She shares a great story and becomes our first Canadian writer to join the staff. I am proud to have an international issue this month with New Zealand, Norway, Canada, and NYC being highly represented. So sit back, relax, and enjoy! Thanks for your support, McG.

1. A Monday Subway Story by Tenzin McGrupp
He was surprised I'd said anything. He expected to get away with blantant littering. So many people in New York did that and I never had the balls to call some one out on their uncouth behavior. I proudly pointed to the ground and he looked around as though he were looking for a dropped glove or a misplaced wallet.... More
2. Tiger, Tiger, Burning Bright by Paris Wispy
The unrelenting humidity and humanity of Delhi overwhelms me. People press in and jostle and yell and I grip my father's hand tightly as we emerge from the terminal... More
3. History Will Absolve This... Another Cuba Story by Sigge Amdal
When we got there, however, we met someone we'd seen before: the entire Afrocuban Allstars were hanging around with a group of American girls... More
4. Rules of the Road by Richard Bulkeley
Long Haul bus travel in this modern era of budget airlines, and rampant car ownership is truly the domain of the different. The experience could be compared to a long plane trip, but that would be missing many of the nuances... More
5. At the Dog Track by Tenzin McGrupp
Everyone that I played with at my table was over the age of 65. I had no remorse about the possibility of taking some of their social security money... but hey, they're at the dog track, looking to piss money away, so I figured I'd stop in and see if I could crack that game... More
In case you were wondering, Tenzin McGrupp is my pen name.

No comments:

Post a Comment