I recently left this in the comments box of a fellow blogger. I thought I'd share it with y'all.
Pauly's Tips for Dating:Alas, some guys buy books to learn these trade secrets, lol... and I just gave them to you for free.
1. Don't talk about ex-girlfriends.
2. Tell her that you like her shoes. Even if you have to lie or have no opinion. It takes three seconds to say, "I like your shoes." It takes some women three hours or three days to figure out the right ones.
3. Look her in the eye and don't stare at other women while you are with her. Make her feel important by focusing all your visual attention on her.
4. Ask her what her shade of lipstick is. If she doesn't wear lipstick, then repeat #2.
5. Avoid conventional first dates. But stay away from fast food joints, bowling alleys, and porno theatres. I'd recommend a museum or art gallery, some place that makes you look like you have exquiste tastes and seem somewhat sophisticated. It's a great place to abosrb the lulls in the awkward pauses in conversation.
6. At some point late into the date, just stutter like Woody Allen for a few seconds. Follow up with the line, "I'm sorry. Sometimes I get really nervous around beautiful women." Then smile. If she smiles, then touches your hand or elbow... you're in! If she does not respond... repeat #2.