Sunday, December 25, 2005

My Christmas Wish


31 years ago today...

Last year I asked my friends who were poker bloggers to take some of their bankroll and buy presents for sick kids or poor kids. Many of them took it to heart and did just that. Otis understood what I was trying to get everyone to do and took my suggestion to another level. I was blown away by the impact a few words on my blog can do.

This year, I'm doing the same.

My Christmas Wish? Within the first week of the New Year, I want you to do at least one unselfsh thing and help out someone in your community.

It can be a friend or family member, but try to make it for someone you do not know. I'm trying to inspire you to do a random act of kindness towards a stranger. Hopefully these kind acts will trickle throughout the cosmos. I've done a lot to hurt my karma this past year and I'm trying to repair it with a bunch of duct tape and My Christmas Wish.

I know that at least Otis is gonna do this, so how about you? I encourage you ask your friends and families to do the same. I figure that if at least 100 bloggers and 1,000 readers can do this, then that will mean 1,100 more smiles on people's faces during this holiday season.

*****

Flipchip posted Twas the Night Before Christmas in the Poker Room. Take a peek at that.

One of the favorite pieces of literature is Auggie Wren's Christmas story written by one of my favorite NYC authors, Paul Auster. I reposted it on the Tao of Pauly. Enjoy and have a great holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment