Sunday, March 28, 2010

March Madness: Elite 8 - Sunday Picks

By Pauly
Los Angeles, CA

Well, yesterday was ugly, dreadful, atrocious, and sickening. I went 0-2, along with a slew of bettors, but I at least saved a semblance of sanity when I faded G-Rob's sure thing (betting the OVER instead of the UNDER in the Kentucky/West Virginia game). Sorry, Bub, but thanks for the fade!

What can I say other thank Kentucky cannot shoot treys inside the Carrier Dome. I wish I paid more attention to that fickle stat before I placed my wager. UK shot something like 6-50 over the last two games from beyond the arc. Most UK fans will tell you that they dreaded this matchup versus West Virginia the day that the brackets were released. They knew that West Virginia stood in their way of a return to the Final Four... and Huggins' crew did exactly that.

Oh, and fuck Butler, man. Jesus, the Indiana boys are living out a real Hooisers tale. Butler's rigid trapping scheme kept Kansas State's guards in check. Kudos to them for shutting down my main man Jacob Pullen, who had bailed my ass at least twice this year. Looks like Butler are truly the real deal.

Today? I have no clue as per usual. I made my picks for Sunday's games on Friday night. I like Michigan State and Duke to both win by a little. Yep, I'm gonna stay on the Baylor bandwagon.

Click here to see Sunday's Elite 8 picks.

Fade me. Bet with me. Cheer me. Ridicule me.

I'm cool with all of the above. That's it for now. Good luck today.

No comments:

Post a Comment