Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesday Link Dump: 90 Second Margaritas, A.C. Death Spiral, and the Tao of Knish

By Pauly
Los Angeles, CA

Here's a few appetizers to munch on today...
How do you make a Margarita in 90 seconds? I shot a video on Sunday morning showing you how. (Tao of Pauly)

Can Atlantic City Raise the Stakes? uses the phrase "death spiral" to describe the lean times in A.C. (NY Times)

Want to gain an edge flipping coins? Then you should read... How to flip a coin. (Marginal Revolution)

I've been enjoying the drama unfolding between Deadspin and ESPN over the Steve Phillips horndoggery incident. Even the NY Times took time to weigh in on the spat. (Deadspin & NY Times)

Why is it bad to smoke weed and OK to sell beer? Ah, the endless debate that potheads and swill drinker have been having for decades. Life is a neverending cycle of intoxicants. Players use steroids to compete, beer companies pay for the broadcasting rights, while I sit at home and smoke weed while watching Miller Lite commercials during the Chargers game. (Salon)

Jim McManus has a new book out. I haven't read it yet, but Shamus has and he wrote a review which makes me eager to read my copy... A Good Read: McManus Tells the Story of Poker (Hard Boiled Poker)

Meet Nick Cage aka IRS deadbeat. The Leaving Las Vegas star has to sell his New Orleans house that used to belong to Anne Rice. No word if he has to give up residuals on Captain Corelli's Violin. (Deal Breaker)

I saw Rounders for the first time at a movie theatre in the U District of Seattle in the fall of 1998. I was one of three people in the theatre that afternoon but everyone in my home game saw it at least once. We added hold'em to the mix shortly after learning about Teddy KGB, Worm, and Mike McD. Anyway, Joey Knish has been a looming figure in my poker world for over a decade. I figured out some of his wisdom and wrote about it for my Sunday column. Take a peek at... Philosophy of Knish. (Poker News)
That's it for now.


Original content written and provided by Pauly from Tao of Poker at www.taopoker.com. All rights reserved. RSS feeds are for non-commercial use only.

No comments:

Post a Comment