Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Updated... Ugarte's Poker Grovel #9

Ugarte updated his site with: Ugarte's Poker Grovel #9. Great write up of a game in Colorado and the home game on Monday. Here's the highlights:
Ugarte's Poker Grovel #9 or Mayday! Mayday!... Two games to report about, but only one is a story I really want to tell. One game was a silly affair in the Colorado mountains for stakes that small children would laugh at. I did quite well. The second was a game at Ferrari's place for home game stakes (2/4 for blind games and 5max raise for stud). It went quite poorly.

In front of Pauly and the entire staff of Rick's, I was kicked and beaten and left bleeding. Perhaps that is a bit dramatic, but I did lose $140, and it wasn't pretty.

I'd like to start with the small stakes game, but to the extent that anyone reads this at all, they are probably coming from other poker blogs, so I guess that I should start with the serious game. No matter how much it hurts to try to remember.

I don't even remember the details of where it went so wrong. All I know is that in the second hand of the night, I dropped almost my entire $60 buy-in in a hand of 2/4 Omaha/8. I suppose it makes me a poor blogger that I remember almost nothing about the hand. I remember that the pot was insanely large...

The depressing tally:
Rick +210
Ferrari +45.50 (though he somehow ended up with $46)
Christian +36 (impressive comeback after an early $200 hole)
Sugarta +0.50 (which Ferrari "forgot" to give him)
Pauly -12 (nice to meet a fellow blogger; hope he comes back)
Coach -34
Swish -100 (I think. He had some serious swings and went on full tilt to end the night.)
Ugarte -140 (Jesus. Did I just write that?)

Rick played his ass off. He was aggressive. He played strong hands well and represented enough tightness that when he bet, people backed off.


Great write-up from Ugarte! I hope we can play at least once a month together!

No comments:

Post a Comment