Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Blogger Tourney Odds...

Man, I took a lot of heat for the opening (and adjusted) lines for the first WBT event, the Grublog Classic on Feb. 22. Alas, I am an entertainer at heart and this site and everything I post to the Tao of Poker should not be taken too seriously! The lines were for entertainment purposes only! It's not like I'm actually taking bets on the Grublog Classic for my lucrative bookmaking scheme (which is basically Haley with a cellphone, a newspaper, and a notebook jotting down "steam bets" from seasoned alcoholics in the NYC metro area).

Oh my, I took a fair amount of ribbing from Felicia for picking The Fat Guy!

Even TFG had something to say... "Now that's good for a laugh or fifteen! Everybody on that list would have me walking back to Houston in one orbit."

Chris Halverson suggested... "If you believe that then you must be more drunk than I am. Pauly, lay off the crack pipe at breakfast. 5-1? Riiiiight. Maybe in Bizarro world..."

Indeed, the next time I post the adjusted odds I will consult a panel of experts, which will include my brother Derek, Haley, Seven Fingered Vinny, my doorman Jose, and Ina... the Russian girl from the salon on Broadway who does Haley's bikini waxes. Ina's English is not that good... but she knows her poker. It's rumored that she won her airfare to America by shaking down Russian sailors near the Capsian Sea. Stay tuned... for the new lines formulated by my "motely crew".

Oh, and for the record... I only smoke crack during prime-time! The frenzied, cooked, cocaine high makes network TV slightly more edible.

No comments:

Post a Comment