Sunday, February 29, 2004

Coach's Corner: Nice Guys Finish Last...

Coach played in the final table of a local NYC WSoP satellite yesterday. He was one of seven and here's what he sent me:
Out of the tournament on the second hand of the finals. I had A (Diamonds) and Q (spades). Flop was A (spade), J (Diamonds) and 10 (Diamonds). Two players with me. On a big bet from the big blind, I called with my A. The third player folded. The 9 (diamonds). Another big bet, which I called. Then the 7 (diamonds) hit. The big blind went all in. I thought about it for a few minutes, flipped over my cards for everyone to see, and then called. He had the 8 (diamonds).

Can't say I don't go out in style. I'm okay with it -- for all of the three times I've caught 4 of a kind or a straight flush on the flop, something like this was bound to happen eventually.
Ouch, that really sucks. Burned by a straight flush. I was rooting for you. Better luck next time. Thanks for sharing. See ya on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment