Monday, June 08, 2009

Extended Stay

By Pauly
Somewhere in North Carolina

I was originally scheduled to return to Las Vegas on Sunday night or Monday morning after a quick trip to the East Coast. That is obviously not happening. Since I left Las Vegas, I have been in New York City > Jones Beach > Providence, Rhode Island > Great Woods, MA > New York City > Camden, NJ > Alexandria, VA. Four Phish concerts, three of them sober. And right now, we're driving somewhere in North Carolina. I'm riding shotgun and somehow my air card works.

There are several contributing factors to my absence...

1. Tao of Poker All Stars have been doing an amazing job. And you know what? A few of them have still not yet made their debut! Because they're kick ass professionals and the best in the business, I can take off for a few more days knowing that the WSOP will still be covered.

2. I'm on the trail of a huge story about the Phish reunion which will be the subject of my next non-fiction book (I'll write it sometime in early 2011). I can't pull away just yet until I get an interview with one of the band members. I'm collecting as much info as I can for a series of YouTube videos and conducting research for the book. In the meantime, I'm embedded with a small group of space kids, wookies, and other neo-hippie types who make up the roving circus.

3. I'm having too much fun with non-poker friends that I have not seen in years. I'm gonna stay out and play for a little while longer.

You can read about some of our exploits over at Coventry Music Blog. I penned concert reviews of the four shows I attended. And in a small world kinda things, it took just four Phish shows before I was spotted by a Tao of Poker reader. Shout out to Socrates from NoVa. He even recognized Professional Keno Player Neil Fontenot who tagged along with us to the Camden, NJ show.

And yes, I forgot about AlCantHang's TOC for a shot at a Main Event seat on Sunday night. I thought it was scheduled for tonight instead of Sunday. Oh well. I bumped into Julius Goat in the parking lot of the Camden show and he reminded me that I was supposed to be playing at the same time Phish too the stage. It was an easy call for me to make.

Anyway, stay tuned for more guest posts from the Tao of Poker All Stars. And I'll be back in Las Vegas before you know it.


Original content written and provided by Pauly from Tao of Poker at www.taopoker.com. All rights reserved. RSS feeds are for non-commercial use only.

No comments:

Post a Comment