Tuesday, February 14, 2006

On the Road: L.A. Bound

I'm off for two weeks of fun in the sun while covering the biggest poker tournament in California so far this year. I'm happy to be leaving the cold, windy, snowy, and frigid East Coast for the 80 degree temps and laid back attitude of LA.

Here's the coolest part of this trip... I'll be covering the LA Poker Classic solely for myself and the Poker Prof. I'll try to sell an article or two after the trip, but I'll be live blogging and paying my own way. Doing it this way gives me 100% artstic freedom and I can work as much or as little as I want.... meaning more time at the tables!

So stop back everyday over the next week to ten days because I'll be posting random updates and photos from the LA Poker Classic at Commerce. And yes, there is a rumor that Flipchip will be in LA sometime next week. Hmmmmm....

Make sure you read Flipchip's latest post about the latest 2006 WSOP News. He mentions a few things that no one else knows about! Take a peek to find out.

Moving on...

My Olympics prop betting slide continues after the US ladies dropped their curling opener to Norway. Due to my incorrigible betting habits, I have become a laughing stock in the pubs in Oslo. Time to win back my dignity! At least I won a few bucks on my favorite potheads who finished 1-2 in snowboarding and my goal is to have a huge American medal surge over the next few days. At press time, the Norwegians still have more medals that us.

I've won 6 out of the last 7 days that I've played poker. Feels great to win, even at a modest clip. I played some low-limit NL late last night on Poker Stars and I got one guy on super-tilt when I rivered him with A-Q against his A-J. He flopped a Jack and slowplayed it. The insults started flying soon after I scooped the pot. I'm sooooo ready for SoCal poker.

Oh before I go, today is Haley's birthday. Yeah, she's a Valentine's Day Baby and Haley has been an amazing friend over the past few years. Both her and her mom have dispensed plenty of excellent career advice to me most recently. I'd be totally lost without Haley. Be sure you read an old story I wrote (two years ago) about Haley's first and only home game titled Haleywood. Happy Birthday, Haley and have a great day.

* * * * *

Thanks to my buddy Frank at Gammalight.com for the cool photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment