Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Happy 1,000,000...

Someone shoot me!

1,000,000 words. I have infected the cyber world with one million words and 4,500+ posts worth on all my combined blogs. Don't believe me? Blogger never lies.

When I told my brother he was surprised it didn't happen sooner. On that note... I'm taking a break for a few days. A well deserved break from blogging. I'm going out of town driving up to Naragansett, Rhode Island. I'll post Yankees write ups and Galactic reviews and any poker tournament write ups this weekend.

I have to thank a special person... Skippy from The Daily Dave for encouraging me to start my first blog the Tao of Pauly. Any complaints about my million word infection? Shoot him. And thanks to Haley for encouraging me to keep on blogging when I wanted to quit. You can shoot her too. Thanks for reading.

Truckin', On the Road, and Other Random Stuff

I finished 305 out of 6708 on a Poker Stars free roll. 55 lost to A2s. Ugh. I also lost my fantasy football league matchup by 2.75 points. So close, yet so far.

The other night HDouble posted his year in review and yesterday Chris Halverson posted his. Both are excellent write ups and should not be missed. Halverson and HDouble are a part of my daily poker blog reading diet.

The Poker Penguin resurfaced after a long break. He's trying to get me to go out to Yukon Territory. I've never been there before. I'll put it on the top of my 2005 travel list next in between: Thailand and Paris. Although I have to say the entire concept of a moose freaks me out, I'm all up for a trek into the Canadian wilderness.

Congrats to Blu for a huge 12K win on Party Poker. Awesome!

Felicia is blogging on blogger again. Don't miss her honest write ups of the WPPA. And unless you've been living in a convent, Iggy announced that he quit his job and is going to play poker professionally full time. God bless him.

Congrats to Signor Ferrari for winning his NL tournament at the Blue Parrot last night. Asphnxma and I both skipped out to watch the Yankees blow another late lead. Good news is that Coach came in 4th! And he's going to offer up a copy of his book Reading the Sports Page if you knock him out his AA with the Hilton Sisters in the Poker Stars tournament on Thursday night at 9pm. So if you KO Coach... you get a shot at a painting and a great book. Unfortunately Ugarte cannot play on Thursday because he has a comedy gig in NYC. If you are looking for something to do, visit his upcoming gigs calendar.

I'm hitting the road, driving up to Rhode Island for a few days, but will be logging on Thursday night to drop the hammer on The Poker Geek in the poker bloggers tourney. If you are bored, you can go read the latest issue of my blogzine. Enjoy.

Truckin' October 2004 (Vol. 3, Issue 10)

This is my favorite time of the month, when I publish another issue of my literary blog-zine. October brings us two new writers as well as stories from two of my favorite writers, both past contributors. I penned three stories; a touching tale, a Vermont story, and I'm sharing an excerpt from my fourth novel Bar Hopping with Buddha. In her first appearance in Truckin', Kristie wrote up her thoughts about 9.11. BG returns with a personal story about being a hurricane survivor. Molly Burkhart joins the staff with a story called Cannonballs. And everyone's favorite Norwegian novelist, Sigge S. Amdal submitted an interesting piece called Facing the Facts. Sit back, enjoy, and please spread the good word about this site. Be sweet, McG.

1. Moments in a Box by Tenzin McGrupp
"Someday, people will catch up to the way you think, and eventually figure out what you've been talking about all these years. And it'll be like we finally got the punchline to a joke," the girl with the seashell eyes used to say to me all the time in her sweet drawl... More


2. Hurricane by BG
I've never lived in Florida, and would never want to. But I did survive Hurricane Jeanne. Barely, by the skin of my teeth, with the clothes on my back, with nothing left to show but what was left of my sanity and bank accounts on the tail end... More


3. My 9/11 by Kristie
We have TVs on now and there are shots of people in New York, running through the streets in horror and in their business suits. Can't you just picture the looks on their faces? You remember, don't you? It looked like a movie... More


4. Vintage by Tenzin McGrupp
Sometimes I did not get the money I wanted and I had to beg, borrow, or steal just to scrape together enough cash to buy a couple of drinks. For some reason, bartenders don't give out free drinks anymore to wayward philosophers or jaded artists down on their luck... More


5. Cannonballs by Molly Burkhart
I hate cannonballs. Muskets, I can handle. Bayonets, I can counter. But those damn, shrapnel-filled cannonballs scare the holy hell out of me... More


6. Facing the Facts by Sigge S. Amdal
After a couple of years... I figure it can't take much longer walking from Norway to Italy... we'd get there, and the group's members would recognize me as their guarantee of real, ultimate power in this glorious land that I had given them... More


7. Walking to Coventry by Tenzin McGrupp
The Joker slung his gear on his back, ditched his rental car and walked into the campgrounds. He headed north and parked in a town called Newport, then hitched a ride halfway and hiked the rest of the way in... More

No comments:

Post a Comment