Sunday, December 21, 2003

WPT on Travel Channel

I helped my brother move into his new apartment yesterday and he gets the Travel Channel, so now I can finally watch the WPT! Anyway, the new season starts next month, so I have been watching reapeats from this past year. Yesterday, they aired a Partypoker.com Limit tourney ($5.500 buy-in) on a cruise ship. Howard Lederer beat out Chip Jett to take away a cool $250K. A couple of internet qualifiers made the final table including an old guy called "Cowboy" and an old English lady named "Mo". Gotta love the WPT. Where else can a gambling cowboy and an English woman go heads up with some of the best players in the world...and make them sweat!

Anyway, on Friday December 26, the Travel Channel will be airing a marathon of this past season's World Poker Tour starting at 9am EST. Check it out if you can. I'm leaving for Miami that night, but I hope to catch some old espisodes that I missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment