Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Derek's Straight Flush & Pauly Playing On Tilt...

After the tournament, we tried to get seats at the Excalibur. It was packed with an hour plus wait on both $1-3 and $2-6 tables. We walked back to the Luxor (which is right next door) and got seated at the same $2-4 table right away. I noticed that they had different tables there. At the tourney I sat at an 11 man table. At the $2-4 table, it had only nine seats. I wondered how that affected the odds on the cards?

Anyway, an hour into our game, Derek hit a striaght flush (the wheel). He held A-2 clubs and got a 3 and 4 on the flop. He caught a flush on the turn with a Jack and nailed the straight flush on the river when a 5 fell. He almost missed it and the dealer almost shuffled the cards when I caught his straight flush. The Luxor has a special jackpot for straight flushes and my brother won a $50 bonus!! After 5.5 hours of playing, Derek was up $7. Overall, Derek is up $1 for the trip playing poker. For his third day playing... he's doing very well.

Me? How did I do? Well... shitty. All my good hands got cracked. I lost on K-K, A-A, A-K suited, Q-Q and even J-J all got beaten. It was rough. When I won pots, they were small. When I played hands, I lost to folks catching straights and flushes on the river. I went from making the final table at the noon tourney to playing on tilt in just a couple of hours!!! I lost $120. I am now down $160 for the trip.

We stayed during Monday Night Football. The poker room at the Luxor has this special jackpot during the football game. They give away $1000 in bonuses to the 3 best hands during the game. You must play until the game ends. $500 to the best hand, $300 to the second and $200 to the third. Derek got his straight flush 3 hours too early!

A Las Vegas Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment