Sunday, December 28, 2003

Bad Beats in Miccosukee?

We were playing "Straight 2" hold'em. $2 bets all the time. Pauly had A-A. You know where this is going. One guy raised before the action came my way. I called. I raised on the flop when another 7-2-2 hit. The guy is betting and I'm raising. On the turn he catches a King. He bets I raise... he Re-raises! I re-raise and we go back and forth until he caps it. On the river... el rio grande... another K. He checks, I raise, he re-raises, I re-raise... we go until it's capped. He turns over a K-3. Ouch. I was pissed. After the hand he got up and disappeared for three consecutive hands. When he returned he picked up his chips and left. I was irked because I didn't get a chance to get my money back.

Three different times I flopped a set with my high pocket pairs... Q, J, 10... and lost to a straight and/or a flush on the river. The problem with these low limit games is that anyone will stay in to catch a card with one out! Alas, I lost a lot of hands I should have won pre-flop and during the flop.

No comments:

Post a Comment