Friday, September 12, 2008

Fantasy Football Friday - NFL Week 1

By Pauly
Atlantic City, NJ

Well, where to begin?

My best buddy Senor and I have a team in the Lamont Jordan Fantasy Football League. That's a 14-team league made up of lawyers and other middle-aged guys and we play for some big bucks. Our team, Uncle Jodd's Band is 1-0. We had the 11th pick this year and despite the low pick, we had a decent draft. We got Tony Romo, Larry Johnson, Thomas Jones, Boldin, Santana Moss, and J. Shockey. Our WR corp put up more points than our RBs in Week 1.

I'm in a confidence pool with some of my fraternity brothers and I think that I'm 12th out of 40 or so.

I run two different NFL pools. The private one is called the Pauly's Pub pool. Jordan and Professional Keno Player Neil Fontenot are tied for first place in that one.

And in case you were wondering, we got 110 players in the Tao of Poker football pool. Right now, there's a tie for first place after Week 1. My team the Tao of Bacon is tied for 27th place...
Tao of Poker Pool - Week 1 Top 5:
1 bergen (a. bergen) 12
1 Scotty's Mich Ultra (P. Grotjohn) 12
1 Shady Dealings (A. Kelly) 12
1 PatsRevenge2008 (E. Kalis) 12
1 VinNay (V. Catanzaro) 12

Click here for more results.
* * * * *

I also go my ass kicked in Sundays with Dr. Pauly, which is a contest being held over at Fantasy Sports Live. We had 40 contestants and I finished in 18th place.

Congrats to kinnehboo for winning Week 1.

Click here to view Week 1 results for Sundays with Dr. Pauly.

Click here for more details on how to participate. We will be running three series this season. Series 2 begins on Week 6.

If you don't have a Fantasy Sports Live account, you can sign up for one today! It's legal in the US and you can fund your account with a credit card.



Original content written and provided by Pauly from Tao of Poker at www.taopoker.com. All rights reserved. RSS feeds are for non-commercial use only.

No comments:

Post a Comment