Would you like to be Dr. Pauly's intern during the 2006 World Series of Poker at the Rio Casino in Las Vegas, NV?
If so, please send me your resume, photo, and a 500 word essay on why you want to be my intern. And make sure you send a photo.
This internship is ideal for a Las Vegas resident and a UNLV student. Yes, I'm going to be swamped at this years 2006 WSOP which is going to be the most exciting event ever in the history of poker. And you get to be my assistant in the trenches of the most prestigious poker tournament in the world. You will get an all access press badge and learn the tricks of the trade from my team which includes WSOP veterans the Poker Prof and Flipchip. Here's the complete 2006 WSOP schedule. You must be available during that seven week period. No exceptions.
I'm looking for a serious and dedicated female intern who is willing to log long hours in exchange for life lessons and free advice on writing.
Job Requirements:Like I said, this is an unpaid internship but you get mainstream exposure on the Tao of Poker. Depending on how well we do during the WSOP, you'll get a percentage of the ad revenue generated. This is ideal position for any UNLV journalism students who get to be an assistant to a well known poker writer. You also get to experience the WSOP from media row.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Starting June 26 thru Aug 10
- 40 hours a week (except during the Main Event when you have to work it all!)
- Sundays off (except during the Main Event)
- Some photography (no experience necessary)
- Proofreading my posts
- Chip counts
- Designated driver to bi-weekly field trips to strip clubs with Grubby and Me
- Write a weekly update on Las Vegas and Poker Blog
- You must provide your own transportation and housing
- And if you are good enough... you get to do live blogging duties on Tao of Poker
- $0... this is an unpaid internship
- Free lunches
- Bonus based on performance
Other Fringe Benefits:
- I do not drug test
- Free photography lessons from Flipchip
- Drinking for free with Me & Otis during dinner break at the Hooker Bar
- Free lapdances during bi-weekly field trips to strip clubs
- You get to meet Wil Wheaton
- You get to play in the WSOP Media/Celebrity tournament
- Dial-a-shots with AlCantHang
- Appear on the Lord Admiral Card Club podcast
- Get to gossip with the Poker Wire girls
- Invites to all the cool pre-Main Event parties
- Free Snailtrax t-shirt
- You get hit on by Dan from Pokerati and several thousand horny poker players
Don't forget to send me your resume, a 500 word essay on why you want to be my intern, and most importantly... a picture. Any questions? Shoot me an email. I will be conducting interviews during the WPT Championships at the Bellagio.
Editor's Note: This is not an April Fools joke. That's why I waited until April 2nd to post this.