Sunday, March 13, 2005

March Madness Pool and the H.O.R.S.E.

Tonight at 9pm EST (or 6pm Geek and HDouble time) on Full Tilt... is the next stop on the WPBT. $5 to play H.O.R.S.E. I funded Derek's account last night (and gave him a crash course in Razz and Stud hi/lo) so he will be playing. Can't wait!

By the way, Derek posted everyday for the last three days. Check it out.


The Ides of March


This is my favorite time of year. It's time for the 5th Annual Pauly's Pub March Madness Pool. You pick the winners in the upcoming College Basketball Tournament and you can walk away with cash and bragging rights! Just ask Joe Moore, everyone's favorite bond trader. He's been boasting about his 2004 win everyday in the past year.
Cost: $10 per entry
Prizes: Top 4 places pay
Bonus Prize 1: Last Place gets a "Boob" prize
Bonus Prize 2: Round 1 Leader
Bonus Prize 3: Best Team Name
Link: ESPN March Madness Pool
You must email me to get the Group Name and Password. There will be a max of 50, so this is first come first served.

DEADLINE: By Thursday morning... March 17th. Tip off for the first game is Noon on this Thursday. So sign up today.

Sign Up: If you do not have an ESPN Fantasy account, sign up for one here.

If you have an account, all you have to do is log in and create a team name. Make sure you email me to get specific information on my group name and password.

Payment Details: $10 is due ASAP. Not two weeks from now... today. If you don't pay by the time I get back from Vegas, you will be disqualified. You have two options... 1. Send me cash via snail mail. (Email me for my mailing address) or 2. You can transfer $10 to my Poker Stars account. My screen name is: DrPauly. Please email me to confirm how you will be paying. Send your payments as soon as you sign up, that way you won't forget.

Prizes: The overall winner will get at least 40% of the total prize pool. After I see how people enter, I can tell you the exact payout structure. If you are leading after the first round, you will win a bonus prize (non-cash but still cool). Last place gets made fun of on my blog and will get something from Las Vegas for your futile efforts. The Best Team name is my favorite category! A pool of non-participants will select the top 5 or 6 names and then you can vote for the best name on my websites. Winner gets something cool. Stay tuned for more info on that.

Payouts: I will mail you cash/check within 7-10 days of the championship game. Or if you prefer, I can transfer your winnings to your Poker Stars or Party Poker account to you serious degenerate gamblers out there. That can be done within 3-5 days of the final game.
Last year's winners:
1. Joe Moore
2. Ang
3. Coach
4. Pauly
Previous winners:
2004 Joe Moore
2003 Pauly
2002 Derek
2001 Senor
Every second counts. Every free throw is crucial. Who is going to be the Cinderella team this year? Which big time coach is going to win his first Championship? Which 18 year-old freshman will choke? Which senior will bust his ass, impress the scouts, and have his NBA stock rise? Will the hoops pundits win this pool, or will someone's secretary pick Bucknell to go all the way... and win? Stay tuned to find out. The games are on CBS starting this Thursday. The Championship Game is on Monday April 4th. Check Local listings.

Best of luck. If you have any question, feel free to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment