Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Wednesday's Wacky Bet of the Week

I have a running weekly prop bet with Boy Genius. Here's what were doing this week as BG reported on his blog:
BG vs. Pauly, Round 5

We're all tied up going into round 5 of our weekly wager. This week, it's my turn to propose. We're going to play What Won't BG Eat?

Here's how the game works: I'm going to list 20 food items. Ten of which, I'll eat, ten of which, I wouldn't. If Pauly can put six items appropriately on the Won't Eat list He'll win.

The List:
1. A Big Mac
2. Escargot
3. Sushi, raw
4. Sushi, cooked
5. Cheddar cheese, cubed
6. Potato Salad
7. Shepherd's Pie
8. Oysters on the half shell
9. Deviled Eggs
10. Oatmeal
11. Duck
12. Beef Stroganoff
13. White Chili
14. Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
15. Spinach
16. Creamed Corn
17. Green Olives
18. Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips
19. Yogurt
20. Bologna

Good luck!
Wow. Here's Pauly's Picks (with BG's comments and answers in italics):
1. A Big Mac YES
NO! That Thousand Island Sauce is disgusting looking. Plus, American Cheese is nasty.

2. Escargot NO
YES! Oh, absolutely yes. Especially swimming in a garlic butter sauce...

3. Sushi, raw YES
YES! Sushi rocks.

4. Sushi, cooked YES
YES! Oonagi and the simple crab on rice stuff. I don't eat rolls, usually just the simple stuff.

5. Cheddar cheese, cubed NO
NO! I don't like yellow cheese unless it's melted.

6. Potato Salad NO
NO! Mayonnaise is the instrument of the devil.

7. Shepherd's Pie NO
YES! Beef+Mashed Potatoes = bliss.

8. Oysters on the half shell YES
YES! Generally can only eat two at one sitting, as the texture is bothersome

9. Deviled Eggs NO
NO! I can't think of anything more disgusting to watch someone else eat.

10. Oatmeal NO
YES! What the hell do you think I think is wrong with oatmeal?

11. Duck YES
YES! Greasy gamey bird is awesome.

12. Beef Stroganoff YES
NO! Sour cream is awful, and I just have to know it's in something to be grossed out.

13. White Chili NO
NO! Again, sour cream is a primary ingredient. "You won't taste it!" Wanna bet?

14. Grilled Cheese Sandwiches NO
NO! American Cheese singles made me puke as a tot, haven't gotten back on that horse.

15. Spinach YES
YES! Any way you want to serve it, count me in.

16. Creamed Corn NO
YES! Looks the same coming out, but is tasty stuff.

17. Green Olives YES
NO! Never did like olives, especially with pimentos. What the hell are pimentos?

18. Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips YES
YES! My potato chips of choice.

19. Yogurt NO
NO! Not out of the jar at least. I pretend it's not there for tzatziki sauce on gyros.

20. Bologna YES
NO! Jesus good god no! I won't eat cheap meat, and it just doesn't get any cheaper than bologna.
I got my 6 right and I won the week. Right now: Pauly 3, Boy Genius 2

No comments:

Post a Comment