Saturday, October 20, 2007

Absolute Cheaters and the Lone Gun Man Theory

By Pauly
Melbourne, Australia

For the past two weeks, friends, readers, and bloggers have been asking me about my reaction to the Absolute Poker cheating scandal. If you are the three people who haven't heard about what's going on, then here are some quick links:
Tough Times for Absolute Poker (By Haley Hintze from Poker News)
Absolute Poker: 'We Had a Security Breach' (By Haley Hintze from Poker News)
The Absolute Poker Cheating Scandal Blown Wide Open (By Steven D. Levitt's Freaknomic's blog)
Cheating at AP (2+2)
Haley's articles sum it up the best and you should read her work over at Poker News. Also, check out Nat Arem's blog. His investigative work helped crack the case wide open.

I initially found out about the AP cheating scandal through my buddy Royal's blog. He had been updating the progress of this situation since it originally appeared.

In the latest episode of this saga, Absolute Poker is blaming a rouge programmer. Yeah, it wasn't Colonel Mustard in the library with a rope, instead they claim it was a geek with a laptop and a personal vendetta against high ranking Absolute officials.

For the record, I do not believe their explanation. Let me repeat myself. I do not believe them. I am not buying this "lone gunman theory." It's total bullshit. A cover up. That poor geek is just a patsy.

I didn't believe the disinformation that the Warren Commission spewed out, which stated JFK was only whacked by Lee Harvey Oswald. And I don't believe the latest statement from Absolute Poker. This is my personal opinion and does not reflect any of the organizations that I write for.

Feel free to agree or disagree with my opinion. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

In a future post (maybe Monday if I have time to write about it), I will expand more on my reasons why I don't believe AP's lone gunman theory.


Original content written and provided by Pauly from Tao of Poker at www.taopoker.com. All rights reserved. RSS feeds are for non-commercial use only.

No comments:

Post a Comment