Thursday, April 17, 2008

Charity Tournament for the Children's Tumor Foundation

By Pauly
Hollyweird, CA

Time to do some good.
Name/Title: Children's Tumor Foundation
Password: charity
Date: April 23 Wednesday
Time: 20:00ET (8pm)
Where: Full Tilt Poker
Buy-in: $10 ($5 for the pot, $5 for CTF)

A reader of mine recently told me about a special charity tournament. I figured that I would let everyone know about the tournament. Here's the email...
As a fellow poker player, I would like to ask you a favor.

To make a long story short, both of my nephews have brain tumors. There names are Braeden (age 4) and Bronson (age 2). They both have neurofibromatosis (NF) type 1. It's pretty rare for people with NF to get brain tumors, especially 2 children from the same family.

Braeden has successfully completed 60 weeks of chemotherapy treatments and one day his tibia will likely be replaced with a steel rod. Bronson began chemotherapy treatment on February 27.

You can read more about it here: http://www.active.com/donate/nfFlyingPig2008/CSteine3

My brother (their dad) has asked me to run in a 10K race with him to raise $10,000 for the Children's Tumor Foundation. I gladly accept the challenge and decided that as a poker forum owner, the best way to raise money was by having a poker tournament!

Our tournament is a $10 buy in at Full Tilt. $5 goes to the pot and $5 goes to CTF.

I was wondering if you would be so kind as to make a post about our tournament and help get the word out about our game. If you have any other ideas or ways of helping us, we would be extremely grateful! With your help, we can make this huge!

And, if you ever need anything from me or TheRoundersRoom.com, just let me know.

Here are the details of the tournament:
Name/Title: Children's Tumor Foundation
Password: charity
Date: April 23
Time: 20:00(8 PM)ET
Where: Full Tilt Poker
Buyin: $10 ($5 for the pot, $5 for CTF)
We're going to have some Full Tilt pros playing with us. We also just had a gentleman donate 18 autographed copies of his new poker book and another gentleman donate a few copies of Rounders DVDs. (These will be given as prizes.)

Thanks for your help!

Chane Steiner
TheRoundersRoom.com
The charity tournament is next Wednesday. I dunno if I'll have the time to play, but I signed up anyway. I'll post my blinds and sit out if I can't make it. Spread the word and good karma will come your way.


Original content written and provided by Pauly from Tao of Poker at www.taopoker.com. All rights reserved. RSS feeds are for non-commercial use only.

No comments:

Post a Comment