Monday, March 31, 2008

23skidoo Wins Saturdays with Dr. Pauly

By Pauly
Las Vegas

It was a small and intimate tournament. 20 runners with the top 3 winning prize money. I had to play the tournament from my hotel room at Red Rock. Luckily it went off a couple of hours before the Elite 8 games.

I tripled up by the third hand and busted two players. I blew a sick chiplead and although I made the final table, I busted out before the money bubble.

My starting table included schlepp571, MrMojo, phxman00, oceannlv, AlCantHang, and Skow-go.

On the first hand I found As-Ad-Jd-Js. Two players limped. I potted to 110. Skow-go called and everyone else folded. The flop was Ah-6c-6d. I love it when I flop a big boat. Skow-go checked. I severely under bet the pot and Skow-go called. The turn was the Kh. Skow-go check-called a 120 bet from me. The river was the 9h. Skow-go checked. I value bet 400 and was called. Skow-go had A-6 for a small boat. I won the pot and jumped to 2.2K.

On the second hand, I found Ks-Kd-6h-2s. I limped into a three-way pot. The flop was Kh-10s-4d. I flopped top set. I under bet the pot again and schlepp571 called. The turn was the 7s. I bet 170. Schlepp571 min-raised me to 340. I raised to 1,190. He moved all in for 1,430. I called. He had Ah-10h-7h-7d for a set. My set was better and held up. I won the pot and schlepp571 busted out in 20th place as Gigli.

I got moved tables and on the next hand, I got A-A-x-x again. I got it all in on the turn when I turned top set. I busted Slow-go in 19th place. I doubled up a player and still had 3K as the chipleader. With 14 to go, Skidoo took over the lead. I slipped to second with 4.7K.

Then I lost a big hand to MrMojo. I had Qd-9s-8s-8h and limped. The flop was 10c-8c-3h. MrMojo bet 200. Smarkacz called. I raised to 1K. MrMojo re-raised all in for 1.8K. Smarkacz folded and I called. He had Qc-Jc-3d-3s. Not a bad hand... with bottom set and a straight flush draw. The turn was the 5c and I lost the lead to MrMojo's flush. I still had outs to win the pot if the board paired anything except the case 3. I missed on the river. MrMojo won the 4K pot. I slipped to 6 out of 13 with just 1.6K.

I advanced to the final table with Family Ice again. I was 2nd in chips with 5.3K behind Skidoo's 5.8K. Here's who made the final table:
Seat 1: 777GMoney (2785 in chips)
Seat 2: 23skidoo (5940 in chips)
Seat 3: holdin-ragz! (2860 in chips)
Seat 4: Family Ice (900 in chips)
Seat 5: MadameMojo (3825 in chips)
Seat 6: DrPauly (5305 in chips)
Seat 7: AlCantHang (1810 in chips)
Seat 8: MrMojo (3515 in chips)
Seat 9: dredful (3060 in chips)
At the break, I was second with 5,555. Holdin-ragz! took the lead with 6.1K.

I busted AlCantHang in 9th place when I caught a runner-runner flush. Family Ice busted out in 8th place and could not cash in his third straight Saturdays with Dr. Pauly.

I snagged the lead for a bit with Ah-9s-4s-2h. It was a two-way pot. The flop was 8d-5h-4h. MadameMojo bet 300 and I called. The turn was the 5c. MadameMojo check-called a 750 bet from me. The river was the Qd. She checked. I bet 2.4K and she folded. I only had two pair and busted draws. That was good enough to win.

I won four pots in a row to jump up to 7K. It was all downhill from there.

I busted out in 6th place. I had 2.7K and found Kh-Ks-10h-7h. I raised 900 from UTG. MadameMojo called. The flop was Kd-Qd-6s. MadameMojo bet 1,950 and I moved all in for my last 1.8K. She showed Kc-Qs-Js-4h for top two. My set was ahead until she caught running spades to win the pot. She flushed my set of Kings and I was out in 6th place.

GMoney finished in 5th place. By the second break, MrMojo was the leader with 11K. Holdin-ragz! was the bubble boy.

On the final hand.... 23skidoo had 16.8K to MadameMojo's 13.1K. MadameMojo raised to 2400 from the small blind. 23skidoo re-raised to 7200. MadameMojo re-raised all in for 13.1K. 23skidoo called.

23skidoo: Ks-Kd-7s-6d
MadameMojo: 10s-10d-9d-4h

The flop was 9h-7d-3s. The turn was the Qh and the river was the 6s. 23Skidoo was ahead with Kings and ended up with a flush to win the pot. MadameMojo was eliminated in second place, while 23skidoo won the tournament and finished in first place.
Week 9 Money Winners:
1. 23skidoo - $100
2. MadameMojo - $60
3. MrMojo - $40
Congrats again to 23skidoo for winning Saturdays with Dr. Pauly. He finished in second place three weeks ago. Well done, sir!

Hope to see everyone next weekend. Thanks again to everyone who played and pimped the event.


Original content written and provided by Pauly from Tao of Poker at www.taopoker.com. All rights reserved. RSS feeds are for non-commercial use only.

No comments:

Post a Comment