Sunday, July 09, 2006

F Train Rules and Hookers & Mashed Potatoes: Bloggers in Vegas Update

Congrats to F Train who won the blogger's tournament at Caesar's Palace on Saturday.


WPBT Summer Classic Champion: F Train

We had Jay Greenspan, Phil Gordon, Michael Craig, and Howard Lederer talk to us before the event. We also had a charity Roshambo tourney. I lost in the first round to Michalski.

I took 19th place out of 120+ and had a tough table for the entire tournament. Here's my starting table:
Seat 1: Brent Stacks from Lord Admiral
Seat 2: Your Hero
Seat 3: Matt from Wired Paint then Bill RIni
Seat 4: Shane Nickerson
Seat 5: Double As
Seat 6: Emily (Glyph's girlfriend)
Seat 7: AlCantHang
Seat 8: Sommer (Batfaces.com) then Jay Greenspan
Seat 9: Change100
Seat 10: Dan from PokerKats
Spaceman won the Gigli prize after he busted out first by Michael Craig.

I had aces twice and let DoubleAs bully me out of a pot. I also got AlCantHang to fold 10-10 to my 9-9 preflop.

Our dealer said that he's dealt tournament all over Las Vegas for decades, but never had a funnier table. I think he pissed his pants during the table's "hookers & mashed potatoes" routine. We were talking about finding discount coupons in the back of "What's On" magazine (you'll find it in every hotel in Vegas) that included a 20% off coupon for a hooker that also included a free side dish.

Grubbette moved all in with the Hammer and bluffed Dan Michalski. I heard that Hoyazo cracked Michael Craig's A-A.

That's it for now... I have to do a few hours of work covering the WSOP Ladies Event at the Rio. I'll have a full trip report soon. Stay tuned.

Here's a random photo dump:

Amy Calistri












Garth's card capper


I love Bobby's penis too






Gigli


Statik






Howard speaks


Donkey?


Grubby's card capper


Iggy's first place trophy

No comments:

Post a Comment