Monday, March 06, 2006

The Ides of March, Promiscuous Pauly, Chilean Schoolgirls, The Final 8, and The Real Life Simpsons

Stop by the Tao of Pauly to read about the 2006 Oscars. I sadly did not get to crash any bigtime parties. But I saved face when Crash won for best picture. That come-from-behind win tied me with Change100 for our Oscars Picks. And I won a few hundred Euros against the Norwegian Nihilists who had a hard-on for gay cowboy love. Not only did Crash come through for me as best picture. They were giving me 5-1 odds. It feels good that I'm not complaining about any bad beats from the Oscars.

Moving on...

It's been a good March for Pauly poker. So far. As soon as I figured out my most recent strengths, I decided to focus on that aspect of my poker game. I crunched my numbers and came up with a new gameplan. Plus, the change in my attitude was part of the foundation of my current winning streak along with sticking to games/limits/sites where I was a proven winning player over the last 100 days.

You have to be able to spot trends and determine if it's an aberration or something that's going to continue. Party Poker has been the only site I won during my three month slide. That information tells me a very simple fact... I should be playing more on Party Poker.

I was down on all the other sites except Sun Poker over the last 100 days. I got my junk kicked in at Poker Stars and on Full Tilt in a steady flow of testicle numbing sessions. However, the bankroll on Party Poker grew steadily. It was my mistress site. The site that I fooled around with late nights and for quickies. And the results? An improved bankroll. I guess you can say that I'm not monogamous when I play online poker. I cannot dedicate my heart to one site. I like to sleep around and can't keep my bankroll in one site. That's why I play (and shill) on multiple sites. Over the past two or three months I had been spending a lot of time with Poker Stars. It was a love and hate relationship and I realized that after losing a lot of my bankroll there... that we needed to spend some time apart and see other people. I might just move in with my mistress... Party Poker.

The $5/10 short handed tables on Party Poker have been my feeding ground over the last few weeks. I don't have any specific strategy. I log on and check my "fish finder" and try to sit at their tables. Otherwise I simply look for a quick score and bail. Hit it and quit. It's been working.

I know that winning streaks are just what the appear to be... streaks. The cards are falling my way. I'm flopping sets with middle pairs and getting a lot of action. I'm hitting my draws and my big hands have been holding up. It's amazing what winning one or two big pots can do to your confidence and bankroll. Alas, beware of the Ides of March. Bankrolls get obliterated during the Ides along with heads of states getting shanked on the steps of the capital.

* * * * *

I'm still in LA and will be here for a few more days before I return to NYC to finish my book. I want to hit up the loose tables at Hollywood Park and play another session at Commerce before I go. I also have two freelance assignments that I have to finish up this week including an article about the National Heads Up Championship. Stop by and read Flipchip's reports including some amazing pictures. My pick to win it all Gavin Smith was busted in the first round.

Here's the Final 8:
Clubs: James McManus vs. Chris Ferguson
Spades: Huck Seed vs. Barry Greenstein
Hearts: Daniel Negreanu vs. Sean Sheikhan
Diamonds:Ted Forrest vs. Sam Farha
Take a peek at what Chops Snake had to say about the Elite 8 over at Wicked Chops Poker. My Final Four picks... Jesus, Barry Greenstein, Daniel Negreanu, and Ted Forrest. Remember that quote from The Big Lebowski... "Nobody fucks with the Jesus."

* * * * *

Before I go, you have to take a peek at a video I came across especially if you dig The Simpsons as much as me. Thanks to Raymi who linked this up on her blog today!
Real Life Simpsons Intro
Insanely kick ass video! And it's one of the coolest things I've seen on the net in a very long time. It definitely beats out Chilean Schoolgirls. Which is so not safe for work and happens to be my second favorite video that I've seen in a very long time. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment