I recently published a new issue of my literary-blogzine Truckin'. We were a little late this month but that's par for the course for Truckin'! This issue might have one of the funniest stories to date from Daddy. Anon Hammurabi returns with Part 2 of his trip to the Sudan. The Human Head makes his debut and Joe Speaker returns with a story about... being young and vulnerable. And there's another installment of Subway Stories for you including something about my most recent trip to Amsterdam. Take a peek!
Truckin' - September 2005, Vol. 4, Issue 9Do you want to write for Truckin'? Feel free to shoot me an e-mail if you are interested. Make sure you read the guidelines for submissions.
1. September Subway Story by Tenzin McGrupp
The homeless man wore a NY Mets t-shirt and black dress shoes three sizes too big. He wasn't wearing any socks. He stood in the middle of the subway and pleaded with everyone... More
2. With the Lights Out by Joe Speaker
The last thing you want is to be thought "different," so you check your childhood impulses and guard your secrets... More
3. Crushing Omaha by Daddy
I knew my wife would be sporting her new Victoria's Secret lingerie, and I had a secret of my own. A little blue secret. She didn't know it yet, but she had a date with the Vanilla Gorilla... More
4. A Million Miles in 20 Steps by The Human Head
The very thing that affords him a decent lifestyle is a sea of nothingness in which he must swim, and as he looks towards the entrance he is filled with a sense of hopelessness that is difficult to describe... More
5. Khartoum-Nyala (Sudan, Part 2): Domestic flights in Sudan by Anon Hammurabi
The Sudanese desert also has a very distinct colour of red, which looks really great from an airplane. But a killer shark also looks beautiful from safe distance... More
6. Red Light City by Tenzin McGrupp
The better looking ones are on the side streets and you have to navigate the narrow alleys while following the aroma of cheap sex in the air to find the doorways with the girls... More
15 Top Referrals
Why 15? Why the fuck not? Thanks to the following folks for the hits over the last week or so.
1. Las Vegas and Poker BlogThat's it for now. Sorry for such a crappy post today. I have too much writing to do and have to stop blogging. Besides Blogger has been kicking my ass all week (e.g. "The blog you were looking for was not found"). I'm till working on the Vegas book and a new project which takes a few hours of my time every day. Plus I have lunch in the city with my lovely assistant Jess, followed by a string of necessary errands that I'll be running around town trying to do for this weekend. I have a bachelor party to attend to on Saturday and I'm the guy who got stuck trying to score the drugs and the hookers. Shows you what my friends here in NYC think of me. Now, if I can only find a hooker who sells blow, then I'd kill two birds with one stone.
2. Iggy's Guinness and Poker
3. Card Squad
4. CJ, Otis & G-Rob's Up for Poker
5. Al Cant Hang
6. Aaron Gleeman
7. Wil Wheaton
8. Joaquin Ochoa
9. Odd Jack
10. Tao of Pauly
11. Derek's Poker in the Weeds
12. Bad Blood
13. Double As
15. Poker Twitch
Tomorrow I'll write about my last two months of playing poker and the transition from a cash game player in Las Vegas back to an online grinder.