Sunday, September 18, 2005

New WPBT Tournament on Tuesday

Just a reminder... Iggy set up a new WPBT tournament for us, on my birthday of all days. And yes, I'll be running up a Hilton Sisters Challenge during the tournament! If you crack A-A with Q-Q, I'll give you an autographed copy of one of my novels and I'll throw in a $10 gift certificate to Blockbuster.

Sign up today. Don't wait until the last minute!
What: WPBT Tournament
Where: Titan Poker
When: Tuesday, September 20th at 9pm ET
Buy-in: $20 + 1
Format: No Limit
Dress Code: Pants are optional
Password: thehamma

titan 3
I'll be in Atlantic City covering the WPT Borgata Open on Tuesday, but I will sneak off to play in this event. See you there!

Yeah, I leave Spain in less than twelve hours and I'm pretty sad to go. I must say that I kinda like it here... a lot. Man, if I didn't have the Borgata Open and the Boatyard Bash, I'd stay here in Europe for a few more weeks. Did I happen to mention how I'm slowly falling in love with Spanish women?

Anyway, I stayed up all night after I wrote until sun up. I wandered around Barcelona all morning taking a few pictures and thinking about everything that went down this past week. I decided that I am the Forrest Gump of the poker bloggers. I'm the luckiest person I know. I'm just a dumb ass who somehow gets fortunate time after time.

While I was announcing the final table last night, I had one of those moments... how the hell did I get here?

One year ago just a few days shy of my 32nd birthday, I was broke, losing my hair, kicked out of my studio and without a place to live, and unemployed (unless you count playing Party Poker as a job). You all know what's happened to me since then. Un-fuckin-believable.

Stupid is, stupid does.

Next stop... New York City.

No comments:

Post a Comment