Sunday, November 28, 2004

Went to See the Gypsy

Eight straight days of poker blogging! I got to play NL with Iggy again last night on Party Poker for the third time since my return to the tables last Monday. He witnessed the vicious bad beat I put on some poor guy when I cracked his AA with KK. We both pushed preflop and I luckily spiked my set on the river to triple up my buy in. Before I crashed, I tried a three table SNG and came in 12th when my pocket 10s lost to AK. I should have my bonus worked off tonight. Finally.

I also played a decent amount of Stud yesterday afternoon. I won two big pots with split aces and lost another one.
Hand 1: AhJh/As. I had a back door flush draw and had aces up by fifth street.

Hand 2: As9s/Ac. I caught another ace on fourth street and of course I lost to a straight on the river and could not pair any of my up cards.

Hand 3: AdAs/2s. I caught running 2s on sixth and seventh street to hit a full boat and I took down a monster against two guys who caught their flushes on the river.
I think I'll keep a few orbits of stud in my daily poker playing. It's the only game I had been playing well during my October slide.

By the way, I have been doing awful this year on gambling on NFL games. I am winning Daddy's Crush Your Bookie pool, but getting spanked in my own pool. For me, gambling on pro football has been as lucrative as opening up a Starbucks in downtown Fallujah.

Recent Poker Playing Music...
1. The Grateful Dead
2. Widespread Panic
3. The Band with Bob Dylan
4. Miles Davis
5. The Funky Meters

No comments:

Post a Comment