Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday Morning Nuggets: UB Super-User Scandal, Top 5 Surprises, Types of Tweeters, and KevMath

By Pauly
Los Angeles, CA

I have returned from a three-week holiday after stepping away from the grind of poker. I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things, which includes catching up on my poker news reading. Here are a few items of note that I'd like to share with you as I slowly get back into the fray. It's perfect Sunday morning reading, or something to keep you entertained while slugging it out during the Sunday tournaments...
I was fortunate enough to appear as a guest on the first ever episode of This Week in Poker. Shamus write an excellent review of This Week in Poker, the weekly webcast that is manned by a few friends of mine (aka the entities or los hombres at Wicked Chops Poker). (Hard-Boiled Poker)

Speaking of los hombres... they recently posted the Top 5 Surprises in Poker in 2010. Interesting and fascinating list for sure. And I'm still trying to figure out where the hell all those people came from in this year's Main Event! (Wicked Chops Poker)

The Four Types of Poker Twitterers is an astute observation about the different people who use Twitter for poker. At the end of every WSOP, I go through a Twitter purge and unfollow a significant amount of poker people until the WSOP gears up again. (Riding the F Train)

Oh, and how about some legit reporting from los hombres? It's not just all tits and ass. Sometimes, they actually do the poker community a non-masturbatory service. In this case, they posted the continuation of their investigation into the UB Super-User Cheating Scandal - Part II . (Wicked Chops Poker)

Oh, and Kevin Mathers sounded off on the UB Scandal. Listen to his appearance on the Poker News Radio podcast with the Dutchies, HappyFreaked and WebJoker. (Pokerati)

I'm often critical of some of the things I write, especially freelance work. However, in this instance, I enjoyed writing up something about our Mastodon adventure for Bluff Magazine. Thanks to my editor Lance for allowing me to share this epic tale... Small Town, White Churches & Sex Offenders. (Bluff Magazine)
OK, you know the drill. That's it. Now... GTFOOMO.

1 comment:

  1. Mike G ( Tek__9)5:17 PM

    Nice to see you back.

    ReplyDelete