Wednesday, November 12, 2008

AcerbicOne Wins Saturdays with Dr. Pauly; New Tournament This Saturday

By Pauly
Las Vegas, NV


AcerbicOne came close a couple of months ago but finished in second place to the Last King of Scotland. He finally managed to breakthrough and capture his first Saturdays with Dr. Pauly crown.

The last couple of months have been brutal for me. The majority of the time, I'm simply too busy to play in my own tournament because I'm traveling. On last Saturday, I was driving from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. We got caught in traffic so I tried to play while I rode shotgun in Change100's car. Luckily, I was able to connect during the crawl through bat country.

We had 21 runners last Saturday. The top 3 paid out. I didn't see the hand, but Chenzilla was Gigli.

When I finally logged in, my starting table included... 777GMoney, GapBand85, AcerbicOne, MrMojo, jimmym, and cantseefade.

I managed to build a stack early on. I might have been the chipleader at one point before I lost a big pot. I was 9th out of 11 to go when my laptop ran out of juice. I sat out and posted and folded my way to the final table.

When I arrived at the Rio and checked into our room, I fired up the laptop. I had finished in 6th place and it was heads up at the second break. Acerbic One was ahead with a 5K lead over john1984.

Dredful was the bubble boy and JOHN-E-FLUSH cashed in third place.

The decisive hand happened when both players were almost even in chips. John1984 was ahead by 1.6K. AcerbicOne raised to 2,400 and john1984 called. The flop was Js-10c-8d. John 1984 checked, AcerbicOne bet half the pot or 2,400. John1984 check-raised to 5,600. AcerbicOne shoved for 12,780. John1984 had him covered and called with a set of eights. AcerbicOne flopped the joint.

john1984: 8s-8-7c-3h 8h
AcerbicOne: Ah-Kd-Qs-9h

AcerbicOne faded the full house when the 6h fell on the turn and he improved his hand with a Broadway straight when the Kc fell on the river. John1984 was crippled and busted out two hands later.
Money Winners:
1. AcerbicOne - $105
2. john1984 - $63
3. JOHN-E-FLUSH - $43
Congrats to AcerbicOne and thanks to everyone who played and pimped the event. I should be able to play this Saturday without any issues. See you there!

Previous champions include... Grouse14 (twice), The Rooster, Buddy Dank, DrPauly, StB, Bikom, Family Ice, Bettercheck4, 23skidoo, USC55ND24, I_CrackQuads, Bayne, MrMojo, and Resdent Evil (three times including back-to-back), CSauve (twice), holdin-ragz!, Sydney 8 (twice), OneEyeKeith, Derek (twice), SmBoatDrinks, Boscodon, NoTalentTom, quinedge, GoIrish89, Quak Quack, ValpoProf, dfense072, Bad Blood, ArcticAction, Sting11165, Acornman, FiveFingerz, 2Tall_Saint, jeciimd, and AcerbicOne.

If you have problems finding the tournament... look in the Tourney tab and then the Private tab. Tournament name is Saturdays w/DrPauly.

Oh, and if you don't have a PokerStars account... sign up for one today. Download PokerStars software.


Original content written and provided by Pauly from Tao of Poker at www.taopoker.com. All rights reserved. RSS feeds are for non-commercial use only.

No comments:

Post a Comment