Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Welcome to 2007

A new year brings some new changes in the blogosphere. Congrats to Drizz for landing a new gig and to a few friends who were hand picked to move their poker content over to the Poker Works Junta:
Drizz
Change100
Maudie
Amy Calistri
JoeSpeaker
Those are some of my favorite scribes. To see them gain recognition for their amazing writing abilities makes me proud of them and even more lucky to call them my friends. Keep up the good work and best of luck with your new digs.

Also congrats to the money winners in the 2006 Pauly's Pub Pigskin Pick'em NFL Pool:
1. how bout a fresca (BradSinger) $400
2. Well T'anks for Nuttin' (Jerry) $200
3. Mean, Dumb, and Uglies (ScurvyDog) $100
4. Austin Drunks (MattS) $60
Congrats also to Derek, who took down the Pauly's Pub College Football Pool and the Grid Iron fantasy football pool.

* * * * *

By the way, Happy 2007 to everyone!

I had an amazing New Year's Eve. I caught an epic My Morning Jacket concert at the Fillmore in San Francisco with Change100. It was one of the best parties of the year that I attended. After the show ended, I bumped into a faithful Tao of Poker reader named Aaron from Portland.

I'm currently in L.A. and will be flying to Australia on Thursday to cover the Aussie Millions for Poker News. Just getting a few last things in order before I depart.

I have a couple of basic poker goals for 2007:
1. Play winning poker and finish the year up.
2. Finally complete a book about Las Vegas.
That's it. Nothing special or out of the ordinary. I'll be back to grinding it out at the Limit tables online and playing live NL cash games. I'm also hoping to earn enough money in the next few months playing poker and writing freelance articles for magazines such as High Roller, so I can take off five months after the 2007 WSOP ends to travel for a bit then complete the Las Vegas book.

I wish everyone best of luck at the tables in 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment