A new year brings some new changes in the blogosphere. Congrats to Drizz for landing a new gig and to a few friends who were hand picked to move their poker content over to the Poker Works Junta:
Also congrats to the money winners in the 2006 Pauly's Pub Pigskin Pick'em NFL Pool:
1. how bout a fresca (BradSinger) $400Congrats also to Derek, who took down the Pauly's Pub College Football Pool and the Grid Iron fantasy football pool.
2. Well T'anks for Nuttin' (Jerry) $200
3. Mean, Dumb, and Uglies (ScurvyDog) $100
4. Austin Drunks (MattS) $60
By the way, Happy 2007 to everyone!
I had an amazing New Year's Eve. I caught an epic My Morning Jacket concert at the Fillmore in San Francisco with Change100. It was one of the best parties of the year that I attended. After the show ended, I bumped into a faithful Tao of Poker reader named Aaron from Portland.
I'm currently in L.A. and will be flying to Australia on Thursday to cover the Aussie Millions for Poker News. Just getting a few last things in order before I depart.
I have a couple of basic poker goals for 2007:
1. Play winning poker and finish the year up.That's it. Nothing special or out of the ordinary. I'll be back to grinding it out at the Limit tables online and playing live NL cash games. I'm also hoping to earn enough money in the next few months playing poker and writing freelance articles for magazines such as High Roller, so I can take off five months after the 2007 WSOP ends to travel for a bit then complete the Las Vegas book.
2. Finally complete a book about Las Vegas.
I wish everyone best of luck at the tables in 2007.