Now for some non-poker content.
I'm in the process of eliminating bulky material items from my life such as books. I'm running a fire sale of several books from my vast library. I'm going to use the money that I raise towards a Christmas gift certificate for my mother at Amazon.com and/or Barnes & Noble. Yes, I'm selling books to raise money for Christmas presents.
I was going to sell them on a street corner in the Village or put them up for grabs on eBay or Amazon.com. But before I do that, I figure that I'd give my fellow bloggers and readers a chance at buying them first.
If you act now, you'll be eligible for a special offer!! With every book you purchase, Daddy will call you up on the phone and quote any passage from the bible of your choice. This is a limited offer!
I'm selling some gems including books from my favorite NYC writer... Arthur Nersesian. Most of the books are in good/excellent condition and you'll notice that they are all non-poker titles.
The prices listed include shipping charges:
The Rebel by Albert Camus
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
The Tibetan Book of the Dead by W.Y. Evans-Wentz
Impossible Vacation by Spalding Gray
Sex and Death to the Age of 14 by Spalding Gray
Swimming to Cambodia by Spalding Gray
The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Desolation Angels by Jack Kerouac
Visions of Cody by Jack Kerouac
A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
Fire by Sebastian Junger
Hunger by Knut Hamsun
One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
Identity by Milan Kundera
Killing Yourself to Live by Chuck Klosterman
Liar's Poker by Michael Lewis
Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
The Media Is the Massage by Marshall McLuhan
Chinese Takeout by Arthur Nersesian
Dog Run by Arthur Nersesian
The Fuck-up by Arthur Nersesian
Manhattan Loverboy by Arthur Nersesian
Unlubricated by Arthur Nersesian
The Human Stain by Philip Roth
One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich by Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut
The Book On the Taboo of Against Knowing Who You Are by Alan Watts
The Wisdom of Insecurity by Alan Watts
Bonfire of the Vanities by Tom Wolfe
The Painted Word by Tom Wolfe
On Writing Well by William Zisner
Seat of the Soul by Gary Zukav
Generation S.L.U.T.: A Brutal Feel-up Session with Today's Sex-Crazed Adolescent Populace by Marty Beckerman
Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs
Last Words by William S. Burroughs
Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
The Lexus and the Olive Tree by Thomas Friedman
The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
Sometimes a Great Notion by Ken Kesey
The Portable Nietzsche by Walter Kaufman
Tropic of Cancer by Lenry Miller
Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
Ulysses by James Joyce
If you want a purchase a book...
1. Shoot me an email telling me the name of the book you want and your name with mailing address. Books are available on a first come first sold basis.
2. If the book is available, I'll send you an email confirming the availability of the book.
3. Once you get my confirmation email, send me payment to my online poker account. I'm DrPauly on both PokerStars and FullTilt. (Unfortunately, the sale is limited to anyone with an online poker account because that's the only way I'm accepting payments, through PokerStars or Full Tilt. If you don't have either or want to send cash/check... you are shit out of luck.)
4. Once I got confirmation of a payment, I'll ship your book. Shipping fee is included in the flat price.
5. If you live in Canada, I have to tack on an extra $5 for shipping costs. Sorry aboot that, eh.
6. Send me your phone number and Daddy will call you up for an oral presentation on a bible passage of your choice.
Act now before you liquidate your online poker accounts. Any questions? Shoot me an e-mail.