Saturday, June 24, 2006

Birthday Truckin'

I'm sitting in the airport (again) ready to leave 110 degree Las Vegas for the cooler climates of Colorado for the weekend. I'm going to meet up with fellow poker blogger Frankl and my buddy The Joker for two Widespread Panic concerts at Red Rocks. I'll be back on Monday to head to work for the WSOP.

062306-02.jpg
Flipchip took this photo on Thursday

In the meantime, feel free to read the entire recap of my Bonnaroo Experience which is almost 10K words and includes setlists, pics, and videos. The four part series and can be found on the Tao of Pauly or my music blog. The interview I did with Paris Hilton still gets me in stitches.
Bonnaroo Part I: Thursday Arrival
Bonnaroo Part II: Fanfuckingtastic Friday
Bonnaroo Part III: Superlicious Saturday
Bonnaroo Part IV: Sunday Finale
Bonnaroo video Part I
Bonnaroo video Part II
Bonnaroo 2006 downloads
* * * * *

Truckin' - June 2006, Vol. 5, Issue 6

My literary blogzine Truckin' turned four years old this month. Holy shit! I've never held a job or had a girlfriend that lasted more than 1.5 years so you can say that Truckin' has been one of the most meaningful relationship in my life. Joe Speaker and Daddy are featured in this issue along with three new writers inlcuding CC from Quest of a Closet Poker Player.
1. Late Night Donuts by Tenzin McGrupp
"You're ruining my life!" Nicky screamed at the old man in the Lexus who cut her off. "Fucking douche bag!"... More

2. Milk by Mella
It's been years now, since the accident, since the anniversary. But she still carries it. Her little scarlet letter, tucked in her purse; meaningless to everyone but our family. Occasionally, while she listens to her lists or while recording the ingredients for the salad she wants with dinner, people will ask her what she's doing... More

3. Letter Home by Mitchell B. Ivey
I thought I should take the time to finally get in touch with you, and let you know how I have been. The move was rough, going from one place I call home to a new place that is so vastly different... More

4. Roommate by Sigge S. Amdal
I could always hear her late at night, turning in bed or sleeping and sighing dreamfully, when I could not. I just knew she was a virgin... More

5. My First Lynching by Craig Cunningham
I was doing a girl named Sherry when I saw my first lynching. It was 1953 in Morrisville, Mississippi, and I was 26... More

6. Crop Dusting by Daddy
Her name was Lori, and I think she's from Brookville. I do know she ate Mexican food with her cousin before the party, and that ended up being the demise to my New Year's... More

7. Truffles by Joe Speaker
The place looked posh, sconces and scarlet lighting pointing toward a trim, demure blonde awaiting our cover charge. She smiled as she took our money... More
And yes, I wrote something up about my time in Hollyweird earlier this year. Thanks to all the writers and to everyone else for their support. The fifth year will be the best year yet. Stay tuned. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail if you know anyone who is interested in being added to the mailing list.

That's it for now. Next time I post something... it will be a 2006 WSOP update.

No comments:

Post a Comment