Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Hump Day Pimp Day: Hammers, Spoons, Books, Blog Tips, Freerolls, and Radio Free Pauly

One of my readers, Merc, recently won an SNG with the Hammer! Take a peek here. Good work, Merc. Thanks for reading.

Attention bloggers heading to Vegas. Joaquin does not have a romm yet. He is looking to share a hotel room while he's in Las Vegas with someone. If anyone is looking for a roommate to split the cost, please contact him. Oh, and stop by his blog and read his awesome posts about poker and Bobby Fischer.

Al Cant Hang is throwing a booze-induced-rager after the blogger tourney in Vegas. Check here for more details aout the after-party. The after-after party will be held back in our suite at Midnight if anyone is still up at that point.

Here is an interesting article written by Michael Cohen about the legality of internet gambling.

HDouble at the Movies is back! These are some of my favorite posts in bloggerdom. The flick this time is The Matrix. As the Dude would say, "There's like... no spoon, man."

My respect for Felicia grows more and more each day that I get to know her. She was giving me shit last week because I went the PC route and refused to rate her hotness on a scale from 1 to 10. I think we were in a group chat and someone asked about BG's hot cousin and I said she was a 8. Felicia tried to get me back yesterday by sending me a picture. I didn't puke instead as I quickly told her, I gained more respect for her. Now she's thinking about another way to get me back! Felicia rules. Stop by her blog(s) and wish her luck. She's got surgery on Thursday.

I watched Mas advance in a Step 4 WSoP event last night on Party Poker. He came from behind and almost won if he didn't get rivered. I saw him take down a huge pot with 27s! He's the man.

I played a little $3/6 on Party Poker yesterday morning with Heather. Inside of a half hour she was dealt pocket aces... three fuckin' times.

Go read Iggy's friend Mr. Fabuluous' recap of his home game last weekend. Great times.

I recently was sent a copy of Russell Fox's book Mastering No Limit Hold'em. His publisher asked me to write a review for my blog. I'm too tired and lazy to write a lengthy review. If I have some time next week, I'll do it. But here's the skinny. Buy Russell's book now and add it to your library. It gets my stamp of approval.

Say hello to the Lucky 13. Here are the last 13 blogs I added to my blogroll: Easy Cure, Jaxia, Fred Bals, Performity, Drowned at the River, Miss T74, Poker Blog Group, (B)log of Poker, Thirstan, Hagbard, Wicked Chops, Poker Junkie, and Mr. Horseshoe.


Blogging Tips


Are you looking on tips to improve your blog? My internet crush posted a hilarious entry called How to have a shitty blog. Some of her tips are pricless. Here's a bit:
2. make it obvious that you are ripping off other bloggers and that you are trying to always one-up them with your witty banter and personal stories that nobody cares about and you wonder why it's not working for you, this is because you exclude writing from an objective vantage point... oh and ps you're fucking boring.

and

7. do not lend insight or have any depth whatsoever in what you write and always state the obvious, write about things like you are the only person in the world who knows about them and go into great detail about everything you do, every place you go and so on because your readers are stupid and have never ever been to a wal-mart before and they don't know what double-dutch is because you are a fucking genius and we are not.
Raymi rocks. She tops my next "Top 5 List."
Top 5 Canadian Chicks I'd Like to Drink Moosehead With....
1. Raymi
2. Joanne
3. Elisha Cuthbert
4. Caitlin from Degrassi Jr. High
5. Margaret Atwood
Joanne is batting second and Caitlin is hitting clean up. There's something very sexy with how Canadian girls say the word, "about." Here's a nice segue. Speaking of Canadians...


Radio Free Pauly


I taped my interview with Sean on last Saturday morning for the Lord Admiral Card Club Radio Show and Podcast. If you don't know it's the best podcast dedicated to poker in the universe and it's making me a huge cult figure in Canada. Sean and Brent are working hard every week to get this done (fo free) so stop by and show your support.

You can download the MP3 of this week's show... Episode 26: Here.
You can download last week's show... Episode 25: Here.
You can read the show's notes: Here.

My segment starts at the 28:00 mark of the show and it lasts about 8.5 minutes. We talked about my prep for Vegas. Check it out! This week's show as always, features an interview with the Poker Prof. Stop by their site and down load extra nuggets.

If you want to catch up and listen to previous episodes, please visit their archives over at Brainscat. Thanks again to Sean and Stacks for having me on.


Noble Freeroll


Lastly, the good folks over at Noble Poker are throwing me a free roll. It's part of the series of Las Vegas Bon Voyage games and tournaments I'll be playing in over the next week.

Anyway, I know that everyone has had a few gripes about the software. Put it all aside for a few hours next Tuesday. They are giving away free money. Plus, I'll throw in a special bounty if you knock me out. You can find the tournament under the Scheduled Tournament tab. This is open for all of my fellow bloggers, friends, and readers. Shoot me an e-mail and I'll send you the password.
When: Tuesday, May 24th at 9pm EST
What: NL $200 Pauly Poker Freeroll
Where: Noble Poker
Password: e-mail me for the details
This freeroll is not a cheap way for me to pick up Noble affiliates. Everyone I am friends with already has a Noble account after they signed up for Poker Prof's freeroll or the third WPBT WSoP Satellite. I'm friends with some of the guys over at Noble and they are cool enough to send me off to Vegas with a private tourney for me and my readers.

This might be one of the last chances that I'll be playing online before I leave for Vegas. Once I'm there, I'll be too busy with work to troll around online. Besides, why play online when I can hop in a taxi and play at the Mirage? I hope you can make it over to Noble next Tuesday.

That's it for now. I'll be back with an installment of Reader Mail tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment