Saturday, February 12, 2005

Slacker
"The way to do is to be." - Lao Tzu
I should be writing now. I am not. I have freelance articles to write. I have emails to answer. I have a Valentine's Day poem to pen. I have an entire issue of my literary blogzine to edit and publish. I have a novel that has been lingering in between the second and third draft and is collecting more dust than a VHS copy of Road House in limbo on the shelves at Blockbuster. I've been farting around on Party Poker all morning and I spent the last four hours reading every blog on my blogroll. Yes, if I have you linked up, I read your site today. I fuckin' rule. I am pleased to report that there has been a vast improvement in quality and quantity of material out there in. Good job, folks.

I realized that I was too harsh with my statements a few weeks ago. For someone who has an easy time expressing themselves, I dropped the ball there. What I meant to say was simply that... blogs are getting more popular and more people are reading, so let's put forth a better effort. I freaked a few people out and that wasn't my intention. I got a lot of people thinking, which is always good. And again, to see some of you actually use my advice (and Tony Pierce's too) is refreshing. Keep it up. If I get the time, I will give you some more blog tips next week before I fly off to Florida for a few days.

I want to direct you to one of Tony's posts on how to properly leave a comment. I erase anonymous commentors, especially people who leave fake email addresses. To me, anonymous commentors are the most nefarious forms of life on the internet. I flush those nimrods down the toilet with last night's penne bolognese. Be a man and leave your name and contact info. Here's what Tony had to say:
...have the guts courtesy of filling in the email address or home page portion of the comment box. everyone agrees that anonymous negative commentors are pussy ass bitches whose opinons are not even worth the milisecond that it will take to delete them.

if you have the nerve to come into someone elses house and talk shit, have the backbone to identify yourself. i wouldnt accept a check without your signature, so fuck your pissy comment without a real email address...
Amen, Tony.

What have I learned in the last few hours? That a lot of my friends and fellow bloggers inspire me. I'm proud to consider a lot of these folks as my peers. Congrats to the Poker Geek. The kid is hot, man! Also, congrats to Jan over at 50 Outs. He recently won a multi on Party Poker. Excellent. HDouble is posting a tad more frequently. Bad Blood got to play with Howard Lederer and The Quiet Lion the other night. Grubby is addicted to slots. Felicia is back to blogger. And Double As is back to being... hermaphodite free. Iggy linked up a few new bloggers. Sir Waffle hit rock bottom. Chin up bro! I'll stake you the next time I hit Foxwoods. Ephro has a trip report posted. Helixx posted his Vegas trip. The Poker Nerd is playing an ungodly amount of SNGs. Chris Halverson worked off a bonus or two. Maudie is busy with The Tempest and BG wrote a review of a local play. CJ is taking the plunge and playing in a $200 multi. G-Rob posted a quality piece on poker education. Oh, and Bob won a Omaha 8 SNG. The Al Cant Hang Experience is dark this weekend. I'm shocked. He and EvaCanHang are not traveling anywhere! He's resting up for next weekend when he's scheduled to appear with Squiggy from Laverne & Shirley at an opening of a new discount liquor/package store in Charlotte, North Carolina. By the way, Bill Rini came up with fishy goggles and a view from their perspective. Chad is killing Doyle's Room. And Mean Gene will also be a contributing writer to Pokertv.com. Congrats, dude. I can keep going talking about every blogger, but I'm pressed for time.

I am happy to say that I am getting a new intern, or rather, a new assistant to help me out with my expanding blogging duties. I already have an assistant (Jessica) working with me on Truckin' and she always edits my freelance work with my brother acting as a backup. Yeah, I guess this is the time to reveal that Briana will be assisting me with the troublesome task of keeping tabs on my blogroll, specifically the blogs listed in Blog Purgatory and the slew of new ones out there like Absinthe's Troubles, A Pirate's Life, and Beer City Poker. The system we have set up is that she'll print up any new posts and I'll read them when I can... on the shitter or on the subway. That way... I'm still in the loop. I found some time to read everybody. I hope this works.

Thanks for wasting your time with me today. My quest to finish my novel, the next issue of Truckin', and a write book review this weekend appears futile. Time to get off my ass. I'll be back on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment