Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Fame & Folly... Another Day at the Tables on Party Poker
"I would give all my fame for a pot of ale and safety." - Shakespeare, King Henry V, Act iii. Sc. 2
I am realizing that the Tao of Poker is a more popular site that I ever envisioned it to be.

Firstly, I had a good day on Party Poker. I won the only SNG I played in... and I fared well at the NL ring games. I thought I was done for the day, but my brother got knocked out of a WSoP super satellite and I decided to see who was online. I joined Maudie at her NL table.

About ten minutes into the session, I lost a third of my stack with JJ. Actually I called a $5 reraise preflop (when I knew I was beat) and folded on the flop when he bet $10. That guy had KK and he beat out some fish who called him with A8o. Good laydown, but I should have never seen a flop. A few hands later, I was recognized by the guy with pocket KKs. Here's a little of the chat:
***** Hand History for Game 573115745 *****
Table Sauted Onions (Real Money)
Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: ABory ( $22.65 )
Seat 2: TurboRacing ( $31.3 )
Seat 3: bullscelt ( $10 )
Seat 5: Sinanju ( $25.05 )
Seat 6: Pauly ( $28.25 )
Seat 7: Maudie_B ( $32.95 )
Seat 8: kortoxe ( $17.7 )
Seat 10: Eldrik ( $94.45 )
Seat 9: redsox54 ( $24.5 )
Pauly posts small blind [$0.25].
Maudie_B posts big blind [$0.5].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Pauly [ 5s 4s ]
Pauly: nice hand, hammer Maudie?
kortoxe folds.
redsox54 folds.
TurboRacing calls [$0.5].
Eldrik: Hrm. Pauly of weblogging fame Pauly?
Maudie_B: No hammer
bullscelt folds.
Sinanju folds.
PaulyMcGrupp: perhaps....
Pauly folds.
Maudie_B checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 4h, 3h, As ]
Eldrik: Hehe.
Pauly: does my reputation preceed me?

Maudie_B checks.
TurboRacing checks.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 7s ]
Maudie_B checks.
Eldrik: Well, once you mentioned the hammer it was obvious.
TurboRacing checks.
** Dealing River ** [ Qh ]
Eldrik: I read your site.
Maudie_B checks.
AlCantHang: who doesn't?
TurboRacing bets [$2].
Pauly: thanks....
chrisdhal: lol
Pauly: I guess I'm famous.
Eldrik: Geez, regular bloggers convention.

Maudie_B folds.
Man, Party Poker is filled with plenty of poker blog readers. I'm meeting new fans everyday. It was weird at first, but I'm getting used to it. The Tao of Poker is more popular than I ever imagined. I might have to change my Party Poker screen name in order to play incognito. What was funny... was that both Chris Halverson and Al Can't Hang were watching me and Maudie play and saw what went down.

Just another day at the tables, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment