Saturday, May 22, 2004

A Day of Rest
"The fool who persists in his folly will become wise." - William Blake
The Tao of Poker will be on a one day hiatus. I'm taking a day off from blogging on Sunday. I'll be back on Monday with a write up of a poker sojourn with Al Can't Hang, and later this week, I promise you I will post something about my second trouble hand: AQo.

Q. What happened this week? Why weren't you on Party Poker?

Since last Sunday, I only played online a couple of times. On Sunday, it was Pacific Poker for WBT 3. I played a a couple of hours on Wednesday, with a poor showing at best. Just now, I played for an hour and played pretty bad. This wasn't my week.

Life also took first priority the last several days. Indeed, I've been super busy working on three short stories which drained me, plus writing on some other things and updating new templates on my other sites, that left little time for poker. Senor came into town with for the weekend with his wife and son, which was great, because I haven't seen Senor since my last trip to Foxwoods. I also had to figure some things out with my summer. Haley is going to LA for two weeks, then moving to Santa Fe for the remainder of the summer, where she's going to be doing a play. I tried to see if I could move out there for while, but logistically, I can't swing it, with work and a small time frame to write some new projects. I already made plans to travel around the country and follow both The Dead and Phish, including a huge festival in Vermont. But I'm looking into going out to New Mexico for a little bit, maybe a couple of weekends or maybe for a week or two. How far is Santa Fe from Las Vegas?

Q. I need a Pauly fix. What should I do instead of reading the Tao of Poker?

My brother posted a new entry to his blog: Poker in the Weeds. Check out my multitude of other sites. My main blog, the Tao of Pauly is the original Tao and should not be overlooked. I posted an adorable story about my first babysitting assignment. Don't miss the May edition of 11 Questions.

I also finally published a new issue of my literary blogzine Truckin'. Yes, the epic May issue issue features six new stories, and three of them are from yours truly; another Miami story, another Vegas story, and another Subway story. Al Can't Hang joined the roster with his first of many Stories from the Bar, and we find out the history behind his nickname. All the way from New Zealand, Richard Bulkeley is back with another excellent read. And Tom Love shared a shivering tale. So sit back, relax, and enjoy. Thanks for coming back, McG

1. While She Cries by Tenzin McGrupp
I tilted my head, partly out of sympathy and partly out of curiosity. I had not seen anyone cry on the subway in a few months... More

2. Stories from the Bar: Origins by Al Can't Hang
The first thing I remember coming out of the coma was the image of my parents looking down at me... More

3. Strange Design by Tenzin McGrupp
Only in Vegas can I wander around drunk, stoned, hopped up on pills, and tripping... and still be the most sober person in the room... More

4. Big Thumb Wisdom by Richard Bulkeley
The a sudden screech from the fax machine silences our incessant mumbling that maybe the slopes had received snow. The hostel manager rips the fax from the machine and reads from it like a medieval herald proclaiming a death sentence... More

5. Bowling for Jailbait by Tenzin McGrupp
The teenaged hussies, dressed like medium priced hookers, teased us every time they'd bend over to pick up their flouresent pink bowling balls... More

6. Rising Avove It by Tom Love
A queue of runaways and druggies stood ready to take their rightful place at the edge of the entrance ramp, to be next in line for a ride. I took my turn, and was soon at the right spot. Almost immediately a sunshine yellow Beetle pulled up with two California blonde cuties... More

Make sure you find out how Al Can't Hang got his nickname... and another solid story from the Poker Penguin.

Be back soon. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment