Thursday, April 01, 2004

Pauly Gets Another Shot at the WPT Championship...

I woke up pissed off yesterday morning after my poor performance on Tuesday night. I jumped on Party Poker to redeem myself. I played another WPT qualifier and guess what? I came in fourth place (out of 111) and won a $300 + $25 seat in another WPT super satellite slated for Tuesday April 6th at 9 pm. Last week I finished in 3rd place (out of 135) in the same qualifier.

Alas, I have another chance at the WPT Championships at the Bellagio and I'm not going to blow this one. Download the software at Party Poker if you want to watch.

I'm serious flattered that I had about ten plus people watching. I've found out over the last day... and read on several blogs how at some point during the night... my fellow poker bloggers stopepd by Party Poker to watch me play! That was really cool to get that kind of support. Here's what Chris Halverson wrote:
I watched Pauly play in his WPT Satellite. I was trying to play at the same time, but I noticed I was paying more attention to Pauly's table than mine...

I watched Pauly for quite a while, halfway through Level 2 until 5, then I missed 6 and part of 7 (wife time) and came back in time to see him short stacked to the left of a big, aggressive stack. He got bullied around a bit and went all in with KT. I thought he had it until the second A came up. Oh well, it was fun to watch and pull for him...
And of course, Al Can't Hang showed up and witnessed the cheater-fiasco... here's what he wrote:
We got home in enough time to 'sit' at the rail and watch Pauly play in the WPT Bellagio Super Satellite. Unfortunately, by the time I got there, he was already short stacked and hanging on. He survived a couple all-in's but eventually was taken down. 71 out of 322 and players started dropping like flies shortly after. A valiant effort considering he was under T1000 for most of the time I was watching and the average stack was around T3000. Better luck next time Pauly!
Alas, I'll be ready this time. I won't be as nervous and I now know what it takes to go all the way. Hopefully, I'll have a bigger crowd watching me play and rooting me on! It makes a difference to have that kind of support. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment