Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Amsterdam Apartment

By Pauly
(AMSTERDAM)

I arrived in Amsterdam over the weekend. On Monday, I moved into an apartment in the Jordaan neighborhood about four blocks from the Anne Frank House and around the corner from the window hookers. After being on the road for the last three years, I'm totally sick of living in hotels and rented two different apartments (the other one in Barcelona) during my six weeks in Europe.

The Amsterdam apartment is over five stories high and occupies an entire building along a canal. The owner told us that the house was built in 1650. My roommates include Benjo (a famous French poker journalist) and RK who is an Aussie poker pro. Those two have been gambling non-stop on heads-up blackjack, a game called poker dice, flipping coins, and picking out numbers 1 through 9. Not too mention random sessions of online poker like RK beating Thomas Wahlroos heads up in a $500 PLO SNG.

Anyway, we rented the flat for two weeks. The lovely Change100 arrives next week sometime. I've been getting plenty of rest, lots of exercise, and been sitting in coffeeshops reading books by Henry Miller, Jack Kerouac, Michel Houellebecq. I've also been writing a fair amount and taking tons of pictures. Head over to Tao of Pauly to read all about my adventures in Europe including the occasional picture dump.

Check out a short video tour of our apartment that I whipped up on You Tube.


Click here to view the Amsterdam video via RSS or Bloglines

Enjoy!

Original content written and provided by Pauly from Tao of Poker at www.taopoker.com. All rights reserved. RSS feeds are for non-commercial use only.

No comments:

Post a Comment