Sunday, December 07, 2008

AcerbicOne Wins Saturdays with Dr. Pauly... Again; GMoney Bridesmaid... Again

By Pauly
Neuvo Vallarta, Mexico

We had a Mexican version of Saturdays with Dr. Pauly. This week featured 28 runners and the top 5 won prize money.

I was in the middle of an assignment covering the LAPT (which was eventually canceled) so I couldn't sweat the final table. I managed to catch the last couple of hands as AcerbicOne beat GMoney for the victory. AcerbicOne won his second title in the last five weeks putting him an elite club of multi-winners. And alas, GMoney finished in second place... for the third time in the last three months.

My starting table included BMURPHSTER, dredful, ArcticAction, BuddyDank, Amy Calistri, Blue123, and JOHN-E-FLUSH.

JOHN-E-FLUSH would take down Gigli honors.

I had an up and down session to start. I doubled up against GMoney when I flopped trip Aces to keep my head above water.

At the first break, Russ Fox was the chipleader with 4.6K. I was 10th with 16 to go.

I was eliminated in 12th place. Derek busted me in a three-way pot! I was short and made a move and I think Derek won the pot with Ace-high. Unreal.

As soon as I busted, I had to run downstairs to find out the outcome of the LAPT. There was a meeting and a riot almost broke out. I managed to escape unharmed and when I returned... the action was three-handed.

Acornman was the Bubble Boy, while Joanne and two previous champions, BuddyDank and ArcticAction, made the money.

On the final hand, AcerbicOne had almost a 5 to 1 chiplead over GMoney. AcerbicOne limped from the small blind and GMoney checked. The flop was 6d-6d-5h. Gmoney bet 1,600 and AcerbicOne called. The turn was the 8d. GMoney shoved for his last 4,710 and AcerbicOne called.

777GMoney: 9h-8s-5s-3h
AcerbicOne: 7c-7s-4s-2s

GMoney shoved with two pair, but AcerbicOne turned a straight. The river was the 3c and AcerbicOne won the pot. GMoney was eliminated in second place, as AcerbicOne became a two-time Champion. Congrats!
Week 45 Money Winners:
1. AcerbicOne - $112
2. GMoney - $67.20
3. BuddyDank - $44.80
4. Joanne - $33.60
5. ArcticAction - $22.40
Thanks to everyone who plugged and pimped the event. Congrats again to AcerbicOne and maybe GMoney can finally pull this one out. He has a couple of more chances this year to do so.

FYI, Saturdays with Dr. Pauly will be going on hiatus in January. I will be hosting three more tournaments in December on 12/13, 12/20, and 12/27. All of you junkies have three more opportunities to get your PLO fix before I go on a mini-holiday. After hosting this event everyday for 11 months, I need time off. Don't worry Saturdays with Dr. Pauly will return sometime in 2009.

Also, please note that I will be unable to play in next week's event. It will still run as scheduled, but I'll be in Las Vegas playing in the blogger tournament next Saturday. And I will return to host and play in the last two events of the year.

Anyway, that's it for now. Signing off from Mexico.


Original content written and provided by Pauly from Tao of Poker at www.taopoker.com. All rights reserved. RSS feeds are for non-commercial use only.

No comments:

Post a Comment