Monday, January 28, 2008

Return of Saturdays with Dr. Pauly

By Pauly
Queenstown, New Zealand

See you on Saturday (Feb. 2) at 4:20pm on Poker Stars!


I first launched a private series of tournaments on PokerStars in November of 2005. Geez, has it been that long? Well, I sincerely thank those of you who patiently waited for the return of Saturdays with Dr. Pauly.

The format will be PLO (Pot-Limit Omaha). Buy in is $10. And the start time is at 4:20pm ET (or 16:20pm according to the PokerStars clock). Why 4:20pm? Because I wanted to pick a time where all of my international friends can play. So that's 10:20pm in Stockholm, Madrid, Munich, and France. It's 9:20pm in the UK and in Ireland. It's 6:20pm in Brazil. It's 1:20pm on the Left Coast and in Vegas. It's 11:20am in Hawaii. And of course if you live on the other side of the globe, it's actually Sunday Mornings with Dr. Pauly... if you live in New Zealand (10:20am on Sunday) or Australia (8:20am).

I'm hoping that the event will bring together poker players from all over the world. And naturally, PokerStars was the best place to run the tournaments. I have worked for them in the past and continue to shill for them on a constant basis. They have been extremely good to me, so when I was approached about running another series of tournaments, I couldn't say no.

Unlike previous events, there will not be a leaderboard.

I have zero intentions on keeping score. Why? Well, I point to a scene in Caddyshack when Judge Smails asked Ty Webb what he shot that day on the golf course. Ty Webb said that he didn't know because he didn't keep score.

"So how do you measure yourself against other golfers?" Judge Smails asked.

"By height," responded the zen-like Ty Webb.

I'll do my best to play every weekend, but there's no guarantee with my schedule. My philosophy for this series of events is to have a weekly gathering place of laid back folks from all over the world. Saturdays with Dr. Pauly is sort of like that cool out of the way bar (like Cheers where everybody knows your name) where you can just hang out and there's no pressure. Life is tough enough, and playing poker is even harder. Saturdays with Dr. Pauly is an option. Everyone is welcome. Come as you are.

Look for the tournament in the private tournament tab. It's not hard to find.

Hope to see you at PokerStars on Saturday for some PLO fun. And if you can't make it this weekend, there will always be next weekend.

If you don't have a PokerStars account and would like to open a new account, you can download the software by clicking here.


Original content written and provided by Pauly from Tao of Poker at www.taopoker.com. All rights reserved. RSS feeds are for non-commercial use only.

No comments:

Post a Comment