Friday, June 29, 2007

WSOP Day 28: Freddy Deeb Wins $50K HORSE

By Pauly


2007 HORSE Champion - Freddy Deeb
Photo courtesy of Flipchip

My Main Man Freddy Deeb came from behind to win the $50K HORSE event. He won the most respected bracelet that the WSOP has to offer after he outlasted a difficult field of 148 players. His final table was not an easy one and it took him a grueling 14.5 hours, but at exactly 5am Las Vegas time, Deeb eventually won his second bracelet and took down $2,276,832 for first place. That can buy him a lot of crazy shirts.
HORSE Final Table Money Winners:
1. Freddy Deeb - $2,276,832
2. Bruno Fitoussi - $1,278,720
3. John Hanson - $852,480
4. Amnon Filippi - $586,080
5. Kenny Tran - $444,000
6. David Singer - $337,440
7. Barry Greenstein - $259,296
8. Thor Hansen - $188,256
Although the event was not as long as last year's, it was exhausting to cover. I spent almost 18 hours at the Rio on Thursday and it was sun up when I left close to 6am.

Congrats to Deeb, Bruno Fitoussi, and all the media that hung around to the end. Plenty of people (both fans and media) left early but a handful of true die hards in the media stuck around to watch the end. You're all aces in my book and I admire your dedication, especially BJ and Flipchip.

I wish I could write more about the final table, but I'm pressed for time. Agter a couple of hours of sleep, I have to go back to work and cover Day 2 of NL Short Handed. I will try to write some stuff throughout the day, on my dinner break, and as soon as I get home.

* * * * *


Don't forget to check out LasVegasVegas for Flipchip's WSOP photos and there's the Poker Prof's cool 2007 WSOP Info page.

And come back at the Tao of Poker for daily recaps and head over at PokerNews for live coverage and updates including chipcounts.

For all you fantasy sports junkies, check out our new site... Fantasy Sports Live.

Original content written and provided by Pauly from Tao of Poker. All rights reserved. RSS feeds are for non-commercial use only.

No comments:

Post a Comment