Sunday, September 24, 2006

Truckin' - September 2006, Vol. 6, Issue 9


The September issue of Truckin' has been published and features the debut of Mean Gene, who wrote one of the most powerful pieces on 9.11 that I've read in five years. Our good buddy Otis shared a story about his grandfather. This epic issue includes the debut of a new writer and poker blogger Doog. Check out his story Roots. And we have contributions from regulars... Sean A. Donahue, my buddy Sigge from Norway, and yours truly.

September 2006, Vol. 6, Issue 9

1. Can't Find My Way Home By Paul McGuire
The sharp teeth of depression sinks into my skin and draws blood late at nights when I'm sitting alone in a hotel room and there's nothing on TV and I've smoked all my drugs and I have no one to talk... More

2. Grandpa Was a Gambler by Brad Willis
Grandpa's jaw was stronger than I ever could've imagined it could be. As he stood beside a beautiful and buxom woman that would someday be my grandma, Grandpa looked like movie star from 1940... More

3. Five Years After 9/11 by Gene Bromberg
We spent all that blood and treasure going after Iraq, while the people who attacked us on 9/11 still walk the earth... More

4. Dining with a Celebrity by Sean A. Donahue
I always like finding old friends. The only key is will the friendship that we had still strong enough to last through my divorce and her marriage?... More

5. To Lena; I Hate It by Sigge S. Amdal
A promise is superfluous when what's promised is something I intend to do... More

6. Roots - Part I by Doog
When my father and his brothers were going through Leo G's belongings, they came across a satchel containing $25,000 in cash. In the bag was a handwritten note... More

If you like these stories, then email your friends and pester your co-workers. Tell them to print the stories up and read them on the shitter. It takes a few seconds to pass along the URL and everyone at Truckin' seriously appreciates your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment