Friday, November 26, 2004

The Barefoot Walrus: Four More Aces
"Smile. It won't mess up your hair." - Homeless person on the subway
I have this one superstition about giving panhandlers on the subway and homeless people money when the ask for it on days when I know I'm going to play poker. I was very generous this week and karmic payback has appeared a few times. Late late night, I also hopped on Party Poker and had the lead in a three table tournament and blew it! I ended up coming in 7th out of 30. I had the Hilton Sisters cracked by Big Slick. But, I managed to get four aces again for the second time this week, winning a huge pot. It was the fourth level and there were nine people at my table.
NL - Nov. 25, 23:47:38 EDT 2004
Seat 5: DrPauly ( $975 )
Trny:7444334 Level:4 Blinds (25/50)

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to DrPauly [ Ah As ]
DrPauly raises [475].
matxxx calls [475].

** Dealing Flop ** [ 9d, Ad, 9c ]
DrPauly checks.
matxxx checks.

** Dealing Turn ** [ 5c ]
DrPauly checks.
matxxx checks.

** Dealing River ** [ Ac ]
DrPauly bets [200].
matxxx raises [900].
DrPauly is all-In.

matxxx shows [ Kc, Kd ] two pairs, aces and kings.
DrPauly shows [ Ah, As ] four of a kind, aces.
DrPauly wins 2075 chips with four of a kind, aces.
Too bad I lost the SNG. I had pocket aces five times and the quads was the only action I saw.

I also played a Stud high/low tournament on Pokerstars and came in 239th out of 3667. I did not make the money but I guess I should feel good about outlasting 3000+ players. Too bad 239th place paid the same as 3667th place. Zilch. I got KO'd when I had KhQhJh10h by fourth street. I missed all my draws and lost to a pair of 3s.

Before I crashed I played a $50 SNG on Party Poker. I played tight during the first three levels before I doubled up with QQ against JJ. I was chipped down from there and came in 5th when I tried to slowplay a flopped fullboat. I had 77 in the BB and limped in with four other players. The flop: 575. I let a guy who slowplayed AA on the button hit his boat when an ace spiked. I led out in betting on the river, he raised and I pushed all in. Ooops. I stumbled right into his nut boat like Tara Reid diving nose first into a bag of Peruvian flake.

Recent Poker Playing Music...
1. Jerry Garcia & David Grisman (Shady Grove)
2. Sidney Bechet (Runnin' Wild)
3. John Coltrane (Blue Train)
4. Traffic (Welcome to the Canteen)
5. The Beatles (Abbey Road)

No comments:

Post a Comment